I gotta be honest with myself.
15APR21
19:00
Unedited: (free flowing)
Word dump:
Things will flow clearly and concisely with time. I don't
expect my writing to improve within a day, a week or even a month. I will keep
at it until I have perfected my writing. So here it is in all its raw and
glory.
I am not a big fan of BuJo or Journaling, especially for a
novice. I like the prompts that are included, but they can be overwhelming. We
already have so much on our plate with work and home. It's about finding the
time to write. I think I am a perfectionist and it's the reason why I am
hesitant to post or writing anything, because when you revisit it, you want to
leave something behind worth reading, leave behind a legacy. Give an
impression. What I am suggesting to myself is that I do it increments, as in
take the time to implement it in your daily routine. But to what extent.
Writing is a big factor. I want to have the appropriate
words in the context. One thing I don't enjoy doing, which is not intentional,
is slipping word in the wrong context. One thing after another.
Using the correct word. Minimize the amount of editing in
this section.
I want to implement new words into my writing and
conversation. Not the easiest thing to do.
Valuable insight from the work I am using. Application is
key to a good sentence. to expressing your thoughts clearly.
19:15 - 21:01
Edited:
Today is the day I will begin documenting my journey to
self-discovery/improvement. I am new to this process, so bear with me. The
process will be rocky and hopefully provide some insight in areas that requires
attention and improvement. You’ll notice there are two sections: an unedited
and an edited version.
The unedited version is where I let my free-flowing state take
over and allow the “magic” to happen, or as I like to call it my word dump. It is a little rough around the edges, which
is typically expected.
Well, you guys can figure out what the edited version entails.
It’s where I take all my thoughts from above and try my best to make them as clear
and concise as possible. It’s where I will put more effort. My entries will be
far from perfect, but hopefully, over time, they will get better.
I figured if I want to improve my writing, I need to pick up
useful words here and there. Not any words, but words that are versatile. What
do I mean by versatile? Words that can be used in writing and conversations.
How do I intend to find these mythical words I speak of? Books, News,
Conversations, Podcasts, Radio, etc.
With a plethora of wonderful selections at my disposal, I
plan to go ham (sorry to all the non-meat eaters. Also, I am not a fan of it
myself). But knowing me, I am not particularly keen on the idea of this thing
called “homework”. So, I have opted to make it less like a home”work” and more
like a home”lifestyle”.
I am not going to go out of my way to pick and skim through a
random book to find a word that I intend to use in my writing or conversation.
If anything, I’ll be more inclined to continue on with my usual routine, like
read the news, or my book, “The Pillars of the Earth”. So, at any point, I
encounter a word that I should use more frequently and include in my vernacular,
I will jot it down in my little book of words. Now there will be times when the
words will keep on recurring, which is a normal part of the process. Recurring words are a reminder that I have
been shirking my duties as a proponent of correct word usage.
Good habits are not easy to come by. When it comes to BuJo,
I have a difficult time staying committed to either one of them. Then again, I
am still a novice. I find the whole process a little overwhelming and time-consuming.
There are times when I don’t know what I should write, or how I should write,
which is the perfectionist in me talking/writing. I am not denying the fact, the
BuJo can be beneficial in the long run provided that it is used correctly. I
already have so much on my plate with work and home duties. It's about finding
the time to write (yes, in a sense I am a hypocrite since I am spending a few
good hours writing this blog entry. If I am to make strides in my self-discovery/improvement
journey, I have to begin somewhere). I haven’t gotten to posting or writing
anything is also because I am a borderline perfectionist. Previously, if I am
to leave an entry and I choose to revisit it, I want to leave something behind
worth reading, or in a way leave behind a legacy. Regardless, I intend to do Bujo,
with a slightly different take on it, on a daily basis. I want to incorporate Journal prompts as a
starting point get things going. I don’t plan to use every prompt but at the
very least two of them. Once I have gotten into the habit of writing in my Bujo
with relative ease, I’ll increase the number of prompts.
How much time should one spend on writing a blog? I am new
to this. Also, all of this is part of the learning process. Take the bad with
the good, where the bad become your lessons learned.
Comments
Post a Comment